Tuesday 12 April 2016

Question 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Construction technologies 



During the creation of the opening sequence we were exposed to editing software such as premier pro and after effects. I had previous knowledge of how to use these software, so it didn't take very long for me to remind myself. We also used youtube, Vimeo and photoshop. The main things i learnt that i didn't already know is the colour correction tools and parts of the 3D mode.


During the filming sector of the project I was introduced to many new technologies and things I had to learn. One of the main things that I had to learn was how to use the camera, as I had not used one previously. I also learnt how to use other technologies such as the fig rig, sound recorder and tripod. The fig rig enabled us to record sequences that required the camera to move, it reduces the shaking and makes it look smoother. The tripod does a similar thing but is not made to be moved around. The sound recorder really helps when recording dialogue. If we had recorded the dialogue with the built in sound recorder on the camera it would be very unclear and would probably have horrible background noise.
                                                                                                

The music used in the opening sequence is royalty free, meaning that it is legal to use without having to ask/pay the creator of the music. The music used in the opening sequence was cut and edited in after effects to fit the cuts in the sequence, this was another skill I learnt. 

During the evaluation stage I have not learnt many new skills as they have all been learnt in the previous stages, however I have user media terminology throughout and made more developed and well rounded answers.

Another skill i have learnt through the process of making this opening sequence is Mac OS. Before this sequence i had never used a mac before and had to learn how to use it. I found it difficult to pick it up straight away as I am very proficient in windows and linux operating systems. The main thing i had to get used to was the scrolling being reversed and also how the folder structure works.
Research/planning Technologies


During the process of making this opening sequence I have developed a wide range of skills, some that I had already known and some completely new.During the planning and the research phase I used and have been exposed to new ways of presenting information. Some examples of software I used are Prezi, EMAZE, Piktochart, Powerpoint, Tubechop, and lots of other online presenting sites. By using these presentation softwares, it has allowed my blog to be visual and accurately represent media and the creativity associated with it. It also meant that you can interact with allot of the elements and keep your attention going.

Another form of presentation i used was PowToon, this site lets t=you create a presentation, and then they will add transitions and animations to your text, making it flow and look very professional and visual.
When planning our initial opening sequence, we decided to set up a public survey that people our age can answer. To do this we used survey monkey; we inputted all the questions we would need and then made the questionnaire live for people to answer. This information that we gained really helped us decide what would happen in our sequence. This was a new skill that i have gained, and i can how confidently create and publish my own surveys.

Evaluation
In the evaluation, i used many of the presentation software that i did in planning. Accompanied by lots of images and text the evaluation has come together as a visual set of posts.

`I think that in the evaluation, my most successful use of alternative presentation software was my question 5, in which i used pikto chart to create a perfect audience example. I think have effectively used my new skills gained to create a very visual and well made example portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment